Insurance and Appraisal
Here at Yi's Creations, we provide full appraisal service for diamonds, gemstones, and jewelry. An appraisal should contain a quality analysis, description, and valuation of the gemstone or jewelry item.
An appraisal is important for insurance purposes as well as for future upgrades or possible resale.
Insuring high-value personal property is a good idea, and your jewelry is no exception. Homeowner's and renter's insurance policies usually offer coverage for jewelry theft, but not necessarily damage or loss. Carefully review your policy. Depending on the value of your collection, you might consider insurance specifically for your jewelry. Ask whether this policy would cover unset gemstones and antique jewelry.
When you obtain a jewelry appraisal or report, you have the right to expect professional treatment. We have over 37 years of experience in jewelry appraising and are graduates of the Gemological Institute of America. Here is what you can expect from our appraisal service:
- A professionally executed appraisal or report that uses the methodology warranted by the purpose of the appraisal.
- A clearly explained description of any grading system used for evaluating either diamonds or gemstones, in language you understand.
- A statement of total value, applied to the appraisal report in a manner that cannot be altered
- A clear explanation of the appraisal or report’s limitation of use. (For example, an appraisal performed for insurance purposes can be used for that purpose only.)
- A courteous and respectful discussion, during which any questions you have are answered.
Please contact us to set an appointment to have your valuable jewelry appraised.